Rish bride of the week - sophie marshall
1. Where did you meet your husband?
We met in Reno, NV
2. How did he propose?
He proposed at the same park that he asked me to be his girlfriend at 5 years earlier. The park has a really beautiful view overlooking the city, and is closeby to our home. He asked if we could take our dogs for a walk to the park and I didn’t think anything of it! Safe to say I was totally shocked!
3. What was the first thing you did after he proposed?
The first thing I did when he proposed was stand there in shock with my mouth wide open! Then cried a little bit, said yes, and gave him the biggest hug.
4. Did you do anything relaxing or exciting the day before the wedding?
The day before our wedding was spent going over the rehearsal, as well as spending time with friends and family.
5. What was your wedding theme?
Not too sure on an exact theme. The wedding was overlooking Lake Tahoe, so the lake pretty much set the theme.
6. Where did you get married and why did you choose that specific location?
We got married at the Hyatt Regency in Lake Tahoe. We chose that location because it had the most beautiful view of the lake, and seemed like the perfect place for our guests to gather in celebration.
7. What made you understand that our RISH gown was the ONE?
The RISH gown was the first one that I tried on. After trying on many more, none of them felt right, except for the RISH gown! I knew it was the one because it was so comfy and fit my personal style perfectly.
8. Where did you shop for your dress and how was the experience?
I bought my dress at Swoon Bridal here in Reno, and the experience was amazing! I have two sisters and they also bought their wedding dresses there, so I knew that Swoon was the place to go.
9. What was your first dance song?
Our first dance song was I’m Gonna Be 500 Miles, by Sleeping At Last.
10. What did you enjoy the most about planning your wedding?
The thing that I enjoyed most about planning the wedding was probably choosing the cake design. There are so many amazing designs out there, it’s hard not to have fun when choosing one!
11. What moment from your wedding will you never forget?
We will never forget the weather! Right after the ceremony, it began pouring rain! Then, it cleared up to the most beautiful sunset. It was amazing!
12. Do you have any advice to give to future brides?
My advice to future brides is to not worry so much about making the day perfect. No matter what, there will be mishaps here and there, but the only thing that matters is that you and your partner are together on this beautiful day! Nothing else can beat that. The less you worry about the little things, the more attention you can give to the unforgettable moments happening right in front of you.
The photographer that took the photos was Maxfield with https://www.multimediaweddings.com